Monday, August 07, 2006

Weekend wrap up


This weekend was rough. It was one of those weekends where even though things all kind of went OK (compared to how really bad and fucked up they could have been) I still came away feeling like shit. I'll spare you the details but it was tough. Very emo. Sunday I went sailing all day and in true form the current and wind were against me both directions. Never go anywhere in a sailboat that you're actually trying to get to on any sort of schedule. There's only 3 minds of wind: too much, not enough, or perfect but from the wrong direction. I had all of those. I forgot to eat (that's been happening a lot lately) so my blood sugar was really low prompting me to get in a very bad mood indeed. On the good side I managed to get my halyard down from the mast. Two hours each way and my buddy Huong climbed the mast and fixed the problem in litereally less than a minute. Amazing! Miraculously I got back in time to do the gig at The Grandstand. There were about 15 people all of whom dug it and an old friend (Frankie from the original Flood lineup) showed up unexpectedly. Anyway the owner liked it and wants to hire me regularly so that's great news. Cash is king baby. I'm all about the Benjamins yo.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't really know what to say that I haven't already said to you, except I did want to comment & let you know I'm stalking you, uhm, I mean, thinking of you.

AndyT13 said...

It's nice to be appreciated LOL

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Sorry to hear about the rough weekend, doll. Didn't realize it was here so fast. Thinkin' boutcha.

MG said...

sorry you had a crappy weekend. good news on the gig though, right??

AndyT13 said...

Thanks y'all.

Momo said...

Sorry you had a bad weekend, too. I really hope things get better for you.

I have the same blood sugar/mood issue. I can be a HUGE crank-ass when its low. I don't know how people stand me sometimes!

Green Eyes said...

Andy, sorry it was so tough for you. Regular gigs are great! Congrats with that!

henri Banks said...

Next weekend is going to be fine ;-)

Anonymous said...

You are a risky person... ;-)and I'm quite sure that even in moody moments, you are that bad... ;-)
When are you gonna be sure about that contract? I wish it will be solid gold!!