Monday, April 03, 2006

Celebrity sighting!

I literally bumped into Keanu Reeves at JFK on my way to Aruba. I stood behind him in line at the sandwich shop with no clue who he was. He ordered a turkey sandwich and the waitress said "What do you want on it?" He replied, "Whatever comes on it." which made me want to laugh and I thought "Hmm that voice sounds familiar." He got it on rye with cucmber, lettuce, tomato and mayo. My sandwich came up so I said "Excuse me." and pushed by him like a good New Yorker and went to the checkout line with my sammich. He got in line behind me and the cashier recognized him. Her eyes lit up and she said "Omigod! It's you!" and for a second I thought she was talking to me and any number of bad-to-worse things came to mind. Then she said "I loved you in Constantine." I thought "Constantine? Where's that." Then he said "Thank you." and it clicked. He had a scruffy beard and was somewhat shabbily dressed (I thought) but anyway I turned around and said "Oh, hey! I'm a fan too! Rock on!" and he smiled and thanked us both. Then I paid for my sandwich and walked away. Pretty cool.

7 comments:

DaMasta said...

SHUT UP! OMG, you are a total loser for not getting a pic with him. Gah! I would have been a total groupie and begged him for a photo. Man! That's all kinds of hella cool! Yay!

I met Colin Quinn, did you hear?

AndyT13 said...

I figured he was travelling incognito-ish with the beard and all and didn't want to make a big fuss. I'm sure that's a drag. Since I didn't want to make out with him I mean...and my hot girlfriend was there...you know...

ell said...

i ran into bruce villanch last weekend. somehow i think you fared better than i did.

lime said...

sure beats my brush with 'fame' i swam in a hot spring in yellowstone with christie brinkley's brother. lol, how lame is that?

Bougie Black Boy said...

I hate Keanu... Why do women love him????
Hope your trip went well

ZooooM said...

OOOh. Very cool. Especially since there weren't a lot of people oogleing him, and he was gracious to you guys.

Pretty peanut said...

First, thanks for stopping by my site. I appreciate new people!!

And OMG! I love Keanu.....that's neat that you met him. I knew he was a nice guy. :D