Saturday, November 18, 2006

The reward system








Today was a great day! After a positively invigorating and bitchin rehearsal I went into the city to go guitar shopping. I love Ursula (my black '56 reissue strat with maple neck) but as I've posted here I've had guitar lust for some time. I wanted a vintage 70's natural finish strat. After much searching I found two fine examples at Matt Umanov and went down to try them out. Alas the didn't play anywhere NEAR $3000 worth. Then a brand new guitar with the exact look I wanted called to me from the showroom wall. She introduced herself as Mary and asked me nicely to please try her out. Instantly I knew she was the one for me. $1400 later I have a new guitar. So here she is. Gorgeous, no? Say hello Mary...

8 comments:

Green Eyes said...

Hello, Mary! You are a pretty thing aren't you? Now be nice to Andy, ya here?

lime said...

hello mary, you're a lovely girl. not all overdone, just a natural beauty. you tell andy to be good to you...

T - Another Geek Girl said...

Wow! Mary is gorgeous!
I'm sure you'll enjoy playing her every night ;)

Anonymous said...

Mary is beautiful Andy!!!

Proud Mary..


;-)

Tai said...

SWEEEET!

Rock on (that's what you cool music people say when something is great right? Hate to show my nerdy self out loud for everyone to see!)

Anonymous said...

very cool.

AndyT13 said...

Hello gang! Mary says "Thanks very much y'all!" She a polite little lady when she isn't screaming her bloody head off. :-) Ursula is most displeased. I'll have to give her some attention as well. I'll have to explain that they both offer me differnt things. Yeah. THAT should go well. Cheers mates!

Anonymous said...

Well, Mary sounds nice I am sure - what is it about a good strat? I could never do one justice. You on the other hand, can.


Have fun with Mary.