Sunday, November 26, 2006

Learning to keep my mouth SHUT

is something I truly need to do. My fluctuating mental and emotional state makes me unfit for human consumption more often than not, no matter how often I say "Eat Me." I walk around quoting Fight Club constantly because that's what this self-help-support-group culture makes me feel like. I'm getting it and it's working but sometimes it's just a drag. I retract my holiday curses. I realize everything happens for a reason and God (the divinity within, whatever) is paying attention and taking care of me. The universe is about balance and it's been so long since I've had any it's like wearing a new pair of shoes. Sure, I miss the shit stained worn out ugly ones because they were comfortable, but I sure wouldn't want to be seen in them any more. The shiny new ones are a little stiff but they sure look and feel a whole lot better. I've decided to stop playing in bars. I just can't take it any more. I don't belong there and I can't invite all my new friends. Henceforth I promote my own shows. Alcohol free music zones. Let's try that for a while.

6 comments:

lime said...

well, if it helps you gain health and stability then good. i wish you well in the new promotion.

lime said...

btw, if it makes youfeel better.....i say 'bite me' often enough that my kids wanted t buy me a shirt with that phrase acorss the front. thankfully they didn't have my size.

Bougie Black Boy said...

wow. seems like a lot of things going on, but you also seem to have your head on straight for what you can / cannot do. Any chances of having nyc gigs?

Anonymous said...

ok, well... definitely a better option than "quitting". You have too much talent for that.

Anonymous said...

yes, don't quit, I agree with mg

ZooooM said...

"The universe is about balance and it's been so long since I've had any it's like wearing a new pair of shoes."

Good lord. If balance ever found me I think I'd be so afraid of it I'd say the "wrong" things too.

I'm just glad to see you are working it out. I'm not happy it's hard for you, just happy you are making the effort to work it all out.