Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Salsa!


Well, last night I took my first Salsa dance class. One hour of beginner class and then I stayed for the advanced session. OMFG! Talk about working it! Jeebus! That's freakin hard man! I'm pretty excited though. It's been a while since I was interested in something that I was no good at. I mean, I can sort of paint and draw and play guitar. Good enough so that you wouldn't notice I suck right away anyhow. This is more like martial arts was. Strenuous workout! I was flattered that the instructor insisted I had done this before. I said "No, really, I never have and I have no idea what I'm doing." He gave me a lot of special attention since the class started back in November. I did pick it up quickly at least I didn't step on my partner's toes but I'd better practice for next week! Anyone want to dance?

4 comments:

Biscuit said...

Dude! That is so cool! I wanna!

Winterswan said...

That is super cool. I love Salsa; there used to be a place down here where on Friday nights they danced Salsa in the street. Everyone would get down; young and older people alike. I think it's one of the sexiest, most sensual forms of dance.

lime said...

me me me!!!! i have wanted to take latin ballroom classes for a loooong time. unfortunately someone else we know hates latin music and won;t dance..

Traveling Sistah said...

I've been reading some your blogs...very interesting

keep practicing that salsa.

BTW...i'm bougie black boy's older sister