Tuesday, September 05, 2006

OK, The Gearjammers it is

Well, no one seems to "get" that I'm trying to make AndyT13 a recognizable brand (to use a marketing term) to drive people to www.AndyT13.com so they buy my records. And since everyone universally hates it in a band name, fuck it. The Gearjammers it is. The bass player suggested Raggedy Andy and The Gearjammers which amuses me no end but alas it's a trademarked name. And yes, there's a George Thorogood song about Gearjammers but no one owns the name as far as I can tell. It's a term used to refer to truckdrivers (like my father) who drive big rigs. 18 wheelers. Semi's. Sunday's recording session produced some good results which I hope to post here soon. Hope y'all had a fabulous labordaybor day. Peace.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Finally done with that name stuff... Maybe the 13 as thirteen could have sounds(!!) more as a brand name... but hey... not everyone can be a SeaRabbit!!! LOLOLOL...

guttergirl said...

Glad you found a name you are happy with. Looking forward to hearing the new music

ALRO said...

Can't wait to hear yer stuff man!!

ZooooM said...

I wasn't around much this weekend, and I've proven I suck at band nameage. So, this name sounds fine to me. I'm just glad you have something, and something you want to boot. I like the link to your family. Good luck with the shows.

lime said...

cool. i like it. good band name. i like that it reminds you of your dad too :)