Wednesday, September 27, 2006

End O' the Season
















Well today is the last race of the season. We clinched first place for the season a couple races ago but we still go at it like it's do or die. That's just how we roll. I'm going to miss it but in a way it'll be nice to have my Wednesday nights back. I haven't had a Wednesday night free since March. Lots going on IRL and in bloggy land. Several bloggy friends and I are all going through some tough stuff but we're holding each other up pretty well. The band seems to be going well. We're enjoying playing together. We're all Super A-type personalities and we get hot under the collar sometimes but since there's three of us there's always 1 guy to break up any heated arguments between the other two. I'm trying hard to let go and be open to their input in every area. Being a total control freak makes that difficult sometimes but I'm learning and I think we're becoming a much better band because of it. If we can keep it together I can't imagine how scary good we'll be in a year from now. I'm looking forward to my trip to Tejas next week. Lots to see and do. I know I'm going to feel like staying. I hate the winter so much and I'm just burnt out on NY. Well, I guess we'll see. I was thinking of booking some studio time while I'm there but that might be too much. I want to go here and pay my respects while in Dallas. Here for BBQ. All of these places for Tecates and Blues Jams. Me an my strat are a-gwine t'Austin baybee! Woot! I might have to visit my buds in Nashville next!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where's MY ticket?

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

It's end of season already? Weren't you just painting and getting things ready and waiting for snow to melt?

Anonymous said...

and also, I never did get to come see a race, dammit. grrrr.
maybe next season.

AndyT13 said...

Fel: No soup for you!

GnG: Yes. I was. Thanks a lot for the reminder. :-) Actually it's only the end of racing season. I'll be staying in the water again this winter so I can go anytime it's warm enough and I'm brave enough.

Suze said...

Andy, I've sent you an email. X

wordslut said...

Glad to hear you might have a Wednesday night free …

Have a blast on your trip!

Anonymous said...

Arghhh!! Winter.... please... don't even write that word until it is there.. I hate it too.. and my dream is to move to Mexico... Being lost for being lost, at least it will be warm lost... ;-))
I noticed all those bloggers going down recently... and I sympathetise a lot... and I want to tell them how that life isn't ending because one person is missing... and often, what you took for a great love at the beginning could have turned into something awfull not long after...
Just be glad that the other saw he/she wasn't good enough for you... there is no other reason... any... ;-)) Well... think about it girls.. who can refuse those so stromg arms and the welcoming chest??? An idiot... so it is not a great lost.. you'll find better in not long... Believe your auntie.. lololool... I wont kick you out of my life at her place... I'm smarter than that.. ;-))