Wednesday, June 21, 2006

New wood!













No, not like THAT you pervs! I made new teak hatch covers and generally redid all the wood on the boat as oiled teak. Varnish is nice but it takes too much maintenance. You need literally 40 coats to make it work and the varnish isn't cheap or easy to put on (like me). With the oil I just oil up my wood every time I'm on the boat (OK, yes, now it sounds dirty) and it stays spic and span. In other news I removed the carburetor of the outboard and cleaned it all out, put it back together (no spare parts!) and she runs like a top now. Yay! Finally TOM PETTY TONIGHT! Psyched! Road trip though. It's in Mansfield Mass. No tickets left for Madison Square Garden. I plan to come up with something special for HNT tomorrow so watch this space. Love ya! W00t!

12 comments:

S said...

Erm, good luck with oiling up your wood baby!

LOL...the pics arent working right now, but that seems typical of blogger lately.....

Happy Sailing, mate!

lime said...

really beautiful work, andy. i prefer naturally oiled wood to the heavily varnished kind anyway.....au naturel, baby. hehehe

Bella said...

Absolutely beautiful, Andy! You must really be proud of yourself.

Have fun at Tom Petty tonight!!!!!

.- said...

dang
i definitely scrolled with a gleam in my eye...
nothing perverted about new wood sweetie
if the old wood is ... old

ZooooM said...

I love Petty. the (like me) comment made me laugh.

Cosima said...

You have a beautiful boat...and when is the special coming?

Theresa said...

Nice wood, but where's the flesh?

Naughty K said...

Great looking wood..I'm impressed!

Victor said...

great paint job. I own V1553 which i sail on Lake Huron.

victor

Sexy Duet said...

Great job - the transformation is unbelievable. Will have to show this to Mr SD when I get home - he is a boat freak!!!
Ms SD

Holly {ArtistMotherTeacher} said...

ohhhh...I'm so jealous. Tom Petty live is so phenomenal! We will probably not make his show this year and I've heard rumors this may be the last tour. How sad.

Spinning Girl said...

Niiiize.