Wednesday, April 18, 2007

You Are NOT what you CONSUME!

I was shopping at Amazon and they have a word cloud style thing describing my interests by way of what I've looked at and bought. Larger words mean I have a larger interest. I find this interesting because, although in one way it's accurate in that I AM interested in these things the relative levels of interest are totally skewed. Also, it defines me incredibly narrowly. Here's who they say I am:
Alternative Metal Animation Arena Rock Blues Rock Boating Britain Comedy Contemporary Blues Grunge Guitar Hard Bop Instruction & Study International Metal Modern Blues Modern Postbebop Music Video & Concerts New Wave Punk R&B Rap & Hip-Hop Rock Guitarists Science Fiction & Fantasy Singer-Songwriters Songbooks
I notice they left out languages entirely though I bought several books on learning Chinese and martial art. Perhaps that's considered "international"? These guys need me on their payroll. So? What does yours say?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Biscuit said...

Alright, where do you find this thing? I'm curious now, and it's not showing up on mine. Of course the account is under my husband's name, so I imagine it's going to say lots of things about wood.

Uh...woodWORKING. The other kind of wood interest belonged to my first husband.

Biscuit said...

Okay, I found it:

Rock
Alternative Rock
Hand tools (him)
Tools (him)
Engineering (him)
Parenting
Children's books
Mental Illness (me; if anyone wants some good recommendations for books about Bipolar disorder, I'm your girl)
Menopause (WTF? Liars!)

Anonymous said...

After buying books, you could aswell learn chinese online for free...
Chinese-Tools.com!
Enjoy...