Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Super Happy Triumphant HNT!


Every Wednesday night I race on a Cal 30 sailboat. A big slow chunky monkey of a boat.
Last year we went undefeated; 27 and 0. This year we won all the races except the last two where we came in at an ignominious 2nd place. The horror! This week, however, was different. The owner (who is also helmsman - that means he drives the boat) is on vacation and bid us to race without him. I expected one of the senior guys to drive but the rest of the crew talked it over and nominated...ME! GAH! Don't get me wrong, I'm not chicken or anything (buck!) but I was worried to say the least. Big slow boat, fast moving current and close quarters at the start made for one nervous Nelly! The prospect of fucking up my good friend's boat had me on edge all freakin' day. I'm here to report however that WE CAME, WE SAW, AND WE KICKED THEIR FUCKIN ASS. We stomped 'em all like narcs at a biker rally. We beat our closest competition by like 3 minutes and we started behind them! I had good reason to worry though. It was VERY tight at the starting line and the boat next to us hit the comittee boat and got tangled in their anchor. MAJOR fuckup. So with triumphant heart I wish you all a happy and healthy HNT!

29 comments:

Rebecca said...

WOOHOO!! WELL DONE YOU!!! Now, how shall we celebrate? ;-)

HHNT!!!

I'm so proud of you!

Leesa said...

Sounds awesome... I can imagine how it feels now :) HHNT!

Sexy Duet said...

Congrats, great job! Happy HNT

Ms SD

T - Another Geek Girl said...

You know that picture just kills me. I haven't been on a boat in so long. I'll be there soon to visit. How about taking a homesick girl for a sail?

I need your music file babe. I emailed you. I can't download it.

Let's PLAY!

HHNT!

Anonymous said...

excellent!! congrats, and I really love the pic. happy hnt :). x

Suze said...

Congratulations! I don't have very good sea legs but perhaps you could show me the ropes.

Happy HNT sweetie ;)

Anonymous said...

Good job...must've been all those vibes I was sending your way. HHNT.

Dee Jour said...

Wish you a great victory dance too, and a HHNT, there's nothing like triumphing during challenging moments.

Elaine Denning said...

Well done you! Happy HNT! :)

Sunny Delight said...

Congrats! and btw yummy arms! ;) HHNT!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Congratulations! and Happy HNT!

The Middle Child said...

Happy HNT, and Happy Sailing!!

Katie :) said...

Congrats on the win! :)
You look good on a boat! :)
Happy HNT

MG said...

AWESOME! and i LOVE this pic...

you know me,
you, water, wind, always good
HHNT

Madame X said...

*choking back sea sickness*

Where are these races, sexy?

Beth said...

Congrats! HHNT, Sugar!

Polt said...

Out on the water...what a day!

HAPPY HNT!

Green Eyes said...

Awesome pic, Andy! So happy for you! Congrats!

Randi said...

I wish my HNT could be spent on that ocean instead of in front of this desk. Grrr.

lime said...

well done! congrats on the superb results! youlook like you are free as a bird there. HHNT

Brown eyed girl said...

Wow Andy, This is a gorgeous shot.
I would love to be spending my day with you in that very spot.
Happy HNT!

Avery's mom said...

how fantastic for you! Congratulaions

there are post like this one that make me wish i was you :)
Happy HNT

Anonymous said...

Congrats for the race... and I envy that sea in the background... a lot!!!

erika said...

Wahoo congrats on the win!! Great picture!

Winterswan said...

Congrats!!!! Cool to see a happy blog. I hope things are going well in your part of the world!!!!

Lori said...

WoOt!!!
happy day
h hnt

Shay said...

Yay! Congrats!
I hope you won't be too worried about helming from now on, after this great success!

(oh and yes I did think your caption entries were very funny ^_^)

Happy HNT!

Bougie Black Boy said...

i need to start taking pics for HNT

Tara Tainton said...

I really enjoy your writing style...it's straightforwardness and honesty in writing that impress me. ;) Love how you throw in some unexpected rhymes in your own rhythm of thought..and aren't afraid of curse words. ;) Fuck yeah! ha! ;)

Thanks for introducing me to your site and blog today!

xoxo
Tara