Friday, January 20, 2006

long weird fishtank dream post


I think I might have had this dream because of Blondie's fishtank blog which I was reading yesterday and one of who's fish is above. This morning I dreamed I had a room mate and it was his birthday. Who this guy was I dunno but he and his girlfriend were in "our" apartment celebrating his birthday and getting generally drunk. Someone had gotten him and large and expensive pair if fish tanks, one on top of the other and filled with beautiful tropical fish of all sorts. This was odd because there were several other large fish tanks around the apartment that were either empty or contained only water. Now it gets weird. He's not especially excited about the fish tanks and so he takes his other gift, some sort of weird laser-pointer-gun thing, and starts shooting at the floor of the upper fish tank until it melts through. Now the water and some fish are draining from the upper tank into the lower tank but it's clear the lower tank can't hold all the water and it's overflowing everywhere. He seems unconcerned, kind of laughing about it and I'm PISSED, yelling at him to help clean up the mess of all the water and help me save these fish. He is unconcerned and unimpressed. The water is buckling the floor beneath the fish tanks and the floor is all spongy and I'm thinking (and yelling) about the 50 odd gallons of water seeping into the downstairs neighbors apartment. Now I start trying to move the many various fish to the other tanks, worried that the shock of changing water will kill them (this is a concern with fishtanks). Some of the fish are way too large for the little gold fish net and I'm like, shoving these giant fish half way into the net and holding thier tails and to get them over into another tank. Why I didn't just put them all in the lower tank I dunno. Anyway as I'm shuttling the fish to the new tank I notice the water level going down considerably and I realize the back of the tank is coming off! Oh crap! Now I have to move all these fish AGAIN! By this time the water level in both tanks containing fish is so low that they're flapping around in the sand completely unable to breathe and I'm freaking out, shaking them off and dropping them in yet another tank. Some are recovering but not all and it becomes clear we're going to lose a lot of fish and that there's going to be A TON of water damage to the apartment and then I more or less woke up feeling all stressed. There were some mighty weird fish I might add. The strangest thing was the...cow-ish...fish. It was like a miniature blue cow but it breathed water. There was also a big assed trout about 15 inches long and an Oscar like the one in the pic and lots of various little goldfish and fish fish fish fish fish! FISH.

6 comments:

CozyMama said...

thanks for good luck.....the site is up now.

Just Brian said...

Those are for me the worst kind of dream. The ones where you wake up stressed.

Makes me feel like I never actually slept.

Robin said...

There's only one way to figure this one out, and that's to self-analyze. No one can tell you what YOU are feeling in the deepest parts of Andy.

However, I would bet money that you are feeling very out of control right now, and you're tired of cleaning up other people's messes.
Especially when those other people take so much for granted.

clew said...

Dang! All I dreamt about was sex stuff.

Bougie Black Boy said...

Uhm. I think you're talking about me. It was MY birthday, I WAS drunk. AND I have TWO fishtanks with expensive fish in them. a 55 gallon and a 10 gallon. Are we roommates?

Blondie... said...

hehe I still giggle about this. I am moving and the tanks are going to be a nightmare. I still hate that the picture I took in this post shows how dirty the tank was...haha Not now!!