Sunday, March 19, 2006

My New Erection


I'm sorry. That headline was too good to resist. I put up Gala's new mast finally on Saturday and it looks GREAt. I'm very pleased. I hated the wooden one. 'Twas ugly and a maintenance nightmare. Anyway I tried really hard to take care of everything while the mast was on the ground but sure enough there's always something. I had to be hauled to the top of the mast by the crane three times to fix a problem. Let me tell you it's a lot further from the top looking down than it is from the deck looking up. Sheesh! It was windy too. Scary stuff.
In other news the second yacht deal fell through at the last second. I'm relieved. These things aren't cheap to store and maintain. It's literally like having two race horses. Anyway now I have an aluminum mast, masthead light, steaming light, VHF radio antennae and a wind indicator. All very necessary; all brand new. Woot!

11 comments:

AndyT13 said...

By the way, thanks all you lovely bloggy peeps for all the wonderful comments. You are truly loved. Peace!

lime said...

woot! glad ya don't have to worry about the second boat and glad ya got done on this one what needed to be done without falling off the mast!

MG said...

looks good, and I loved the title ;)

AndyT13 said...

Hey Boobie & Frankie. Y'all come out to New York now, ya heah? The 3 hour tour to commence in 5...4...3...2...

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Wow! New mast, lights, antennae and wind indicator. And here I was excited about my new purse.

You couldn't have gotten me up on that mast for anything. I couldn't have even watched YOU on it. I have vertigo just looking at the pic.

It looks great!

Phain said...

Nice stiffy ;)

Theresa said...

Are you sure you can handle two yacht hos ... ooops, I mean, can you handle Frankie and I with just one boat?

Theresa said...

I'm kidding about the "ho" comment. If anyone called my girl, Frankie, a Ho in real life, I'll throw my shoe at their head.

AndyT13 said...

Humph! Questioning my abilities? Tsk.

ZooooM said...

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeee! New boat! Very cool!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Boobie, I'd be honored to a Yacht Ho along with you on Andy's boat.